Sunday, June 19, 2011

A Look At Me

Hmm, how do I describe myself? Friends, family, interests and goals would be my definition.

Let's start with family and friends. I live with my mom and dad, Ann and Brian; two younger brothers, Chris and Andrew; and my dog, Luke. We share a brown house with blue shutters and all love to spend time outdoors. In addition to my immediate family, I am also close with more of my extended family. No one lives less than 100 miles away, but our bonds stretch over the distance, keeping in touch through snail mail if necessary. Even though family plays a large role in my life, my friends are the ones that keep me sane. I would not define myself as having a very select group of friends or being in a clique; I would say that I am generally friends with everyone, and I love to meet new people. "Random" would be the word to describe our activities as they include everything from spontaneous bike rides to baking cookies at 2 AM to jumping on trampolines and going to concerts.

The most time consuming part of my life would definitely be my interests. Music and sports are my two main interests. I love singing no matter the time or place, acting in plays or musicals, playing instruments, and listening to every sort of music, though I am an 80s music fan above all. Tennis, soccer, biking, running, and recently rowing are all my favorite sports. Though I wouldn't say that I am an especially competitive athlete, I always have a great time, especially with my friends who also play. My other great interest is travel. My family has been very fortunate to be able to travel around the world, whether it be Australia, Germany, Hawaii, or Alaska (coming up in July!). I love experiencing new places and learning about different cultures.

The next way to define me would be my goals. I am one of those people who has never had much success with long-term planning, so I am constantly setting smaller goals for myself. The only long-term plan I am set on is going to college, but I have no idea where or for what! My one idea for college is to get out of the Midwest region. I love new adventures, so I really hope to go somewhere where experiences and lifestyle are different.

So whether it be drinking pina coladas or getting caught in the rain, the definition of me is endless and I'm really looking forward to sharing my thoughts and experiences aloud through this blog!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Alanna! Thanks for the intro-- great stuff. You mentioned '80s music, which struck a chord in me: my 8-year-old daughter has recently become obsessed with Cyndi Lauper, so we've had many '80s dance parties in my living room this summer. (Bonus points, also, for referencing Rupert Holmes!)

    Next step: visit my blog, check out the comments, and start following your classmates' blogs.

    Hope your summer is off to a fabulous start!

    ReplyDelete